ITF in Figures
- Since its establishment in 1998, ITF has raised over 400 million USD and completed over 3,000 projects and programs.
- Over 135 million m2 of land cleared as follows:
Albania: over 2.5 million m2
Bosnia and Herzegovina: over 73 million m2
Croatia: over 32 million m2
Kosovo*: over 6 million m2
Macedonia: over 4.4 million m2
Montenegro: over 721,000 m2
Serbia: over 12.5 million m2
South Caucasus: over 2.1 million m2
Lebanon: over 1.3 million m2
- 80,616 mines and UXO have been found and destryed in SE Europe.
- 653,355 different items of ammunitions destroyed in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro.
- 105,067 of excess ammunition destroyed in Croatia.
- 71,863 pieces of ammunition destroyed in Lithuania.
- 146,500 pieces of dangerous ammunitions removed from Gerdec, Albania after ammunition depot explosion.
- 91 tones of UXO and 131,000 pieces of ammunitions successfully extracted from ground, river channels and lakes at Chelopechene, Bulgaria after ammunition depot explosion.
- 440,000 and more school children and adults living in mine polluted areas received mine risk education directly and over 610,000 family members indirectly.
- 1,251 mine/UXO survivors rehabilitated through ITF.
- Over 16,000 mine survivors received psycho-social assistance.
- Over 1,050 individuals trained in the field of Mine Action (mine victim assistance, humanitarian demining, management).
- 43 beneficiary countries.
- Donators: 29 donor countries, the EU, UNDP, UNMAS, OPEC Fund for International Development, over 10 local authorities in mine affected countries, 130 international and local public and private companies, NGOs, and individuals.
- 3 countries – Macedonia (2006), Montenegro (2007) and Albania (2009) achieved mine impact free status in accordance with Article 5 – Ottawa Convention.
- 3 regional initiatives (SEEMACC and RASR in SE Europe; Facilitation of Central Asia Regional Cooperation in Mine Action).
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Data updated as of February 2016.